Tuesday, January 19, 2010

 While eating corn with our lunch today I remembered reading an article that was talking about how children are curious of where ... comes from but just don't understand how to ask. With knowing that the children should know  a little more about their little bodies. I figured maybe this might be a good time to discuss this.  Well they had a very good and simple explanation, in this article,  so I gave it a try since the subject came up as we were sitting down to eat lunch. So I asked, " what happens to all this food when in gets into our tummy's, what happens to it then ?. Kason explains, "Well it makes us grow bigger". Yes it does I said, but then what happens to it. Skyler said, " it goes to our toes and up our legs", Laurens eyes got real big, and said,  it makes us grow up real big, and it stays in our tummy's. So I said, well your right in a way, when we eat our food, our tummy's grind it up, ( with the hand motions) then it takes out all the good stuff, that helps our bodies grow and then the rest of the stuff that doesn't help our bodies, well..... we poop it out!. They giggled, Oh my gosh, yelps Kathy from the other room as she is putting out nap mats,  and was in shock that I would say such a thing, I told her, "well after eating all this corn with our lunch today I didn't want anyone having a bad experience seeing it later in a place they couldn't understand why its there!. Tanner started laughing and requested over and over that I say it again. Ms Sheryll say that again, chuckeling skidiously,  Hilarious.

No comments: