Monday, June 7, 2010

I just want to thank everyone that visits our site here, I realize that there are times when I get so busy that I fail to post on a regular basis, as I would like to do. Last week Kathy had to be out because her children were sick. My daughter Amber has just moved back home, she will be taking nursing at North Ark, this summer, and fall. I'm so happy she is spending time home with me right now. So she has been a tremendous help here in day care. Also some of you already know that my daughter Kara is getting married in Florida in October. She just moved last week, and that was very hard to let her go. But when your children are grown it is difficult but best to let go, when they are ready...So now that our busy personal lives are seeming to get back on track, I hope that my posting for our preschool does too.
This summer I will be working toward becoming Quality approved. QRIS stands for Quality Rating Improvement System. There will be a time that Headstart and Preschools will have be rated on a star system. No other FCC facility in Harrison is Quality, so I would like to be the first to get this education behind me. This is something I am going to work hard on this summer. There will be changes in our program, but only for the good. Good learning materials, and schedules. Along with becoming QRIS, I will then in turn work just as diligently toward ABC ( which is Arkansas Better Chance ) . The state of Arkansas requires that I take some more child development classes, and the state will visit grading me on my EVERYTHING!  judge our child care of how well we are implementing the program. We will be better then any headstart program. We are already better in the sence that we give the comfort of family home vs headstart. But this program will allow us to take children ages 3 to 5 and some on a income scale guideline so that it wont be as hard financially for some parents to have their children in a Quality perfesional facility. I will keep you all up dated on the progress. Thank you for being here for me...

No comments: